Sign up for our e-newsletter!
THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS – IT WAS A VERY DIFFICULT DECISION!
COMPANY: Elmwood Motion Picture Company
JOB TITLE: Screenings Coordinator
START DATE: August 2014 (need six-month commitment)
HOURS: Half-time, 20-30 hours/week, paid position
Growing Cities is an inspiring new film about urban farming in America. The documentary highlights innovators and everyday people who are challenging the way this country grows and distributes its food—from rooftop farmers and backyard beekeepers to food justice activists and educators teaching kids to eat healthier. The film shows urban agriculture is about a whole lot more than simply good food. Learn more at: www.growingcitiesmovie.com
POSITION GOAL: The screenings coordinator helps facilitate community screenings across the US/world by communicating with, receiving payment from, and shipping DVDs and screening kits to the on-the-ground event organizers.
- Booking screening tour stops and negotiating speaking and screening license fees for filmmakers.
- Cold call/email outreach to targeted groups for Fall screenings campaign.
- Regular communication with screening hosts at various parts of process.
- Receiving screening applications and creating invoices/license agreements.
- Processing credit card payments using Square app.
- Printing shipping labels and preparing pieces to be mailed.
- Posting upcoming screenings to website.
- Based in or near Omaha, NE (highly preferred)
- Self-starter — able to work independently and keep up on tasks
- Excellent at communication (both via email and over the phone) — good balance of friendly and professional
- Able to collaborate on team and follow through on assigned tasks
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and thorough
- Proficiency with Adode in-design and/or photoshop highly preferred
- Interest in urban farming and/or film also a strong plus
- Computer (with MS Office, preferred)
- Cell phone number that can be given to screeners and posted online
- Heavily email-based, so internet access is essential (can work at studio)
- Access to a printer recommended (or can use studio printer)
- A smartphone or tablet needed to process payments
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and short letter detailing your interest.